Andy McDonough, senior vice president, HomeStreet Bank just wrote a great article predicting a continuing shirt in 2019 to a buyers market. Here are some key points, and a link to his insightful article in the Scotsman Guide.
Key Points: a shift to a buyers market…
- Interest rates are rising.
- Affordability is becoming an issue.
- Builders and sellers are making concessions.
- Homes are sitting on market longer.
- Prices are likely to stagnate.
- Purchase and refinance markets are likely to contract.